Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I Have Been Away...

I first of all feel I need to do a little explaining regarding my absence recently.  I have been busy with work recently in the kinds of ways that distract me from just about anything else.  These are the kinds of seasons in life in which it is hard to grow spiritually for me, but they are the times that inevitably produce the greatest growth if I pay attention.

The reason the blog has suffered is because these kinds of seasons block out just about everything “else” in my life while I try to get the pressing matters figured out.  I apologize for being so absent for so long.

A passage of Scripture that has brought me a great deal of comfort in the past couple of weeks is in Proverbs 3.  The first half is familiar, but the last half is what brought it home to me recently.

5Trust in the LORD with all your heart,
   and do not lean on your own understanding.
6In all your ways acknowledge him,
   and he will make straight your paths.
7Be not wise in your own eyes;
   fear the LORD, and turn away from evil.
8It will be healing to your flesh
   and refreshment to your bones.

That last word, “refreshment” cam mean “medicine.”  I love that: trust in God can be healing and medicine.

Soli Deo Gloria

No comments: