Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Christianity and the Victory of Reason

BreakPoint The Victory of Reason

I was recently made aware of the author Rodney Stark and his historical work concerning the role Christianity played in the formation of civilization (Stark is not a Christian). To make a long story short, it is not what many today want you to think.

This article by Colson highlights this fact through one of Stark's books. Another of value (it has been recommended-I have not read it yet) should be For the Glory of God.

Great article-I encourage you to follow up on Stark's work.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Phil,

I read Stark's The Rise of Christianity: How the Obscure, Marginal, Jesus Movement Became the Dominant Religious Force and found it to be thoroughly intriguing. While I disagree with some of his pragmatic explanations, it still serves as a good history lesson of our roots.

Phil Steiger said...

Thanks for the mention-his work seems fascinating to me.