Thursday, November 11, 2004

What's In A Name?

What’s in a name? Just today I decided to give this blog a bit of a fresh life by updating some of my links and working a little harder to hit the rest of the blogging world. Part of the new wax job is a name change from the minimalist, but satiated with meaning, “sentio.” Sentio is latin for “thought,” “meaning,” or “purpose.” It sounded good when I first created the blog, but I have decided since to make my existence and purpose a bit more accessible to the English speaking world. (Not that I speak anything much but English, a bit of impromptu Spanglish, and engage in the occasional Ebonics spelling contest myself.)

Hence the new name, “every thought captive” taken from 2 Corinthians 10:5. That little phrase captures what I am intending to do with this blog-see the world through the eyes of a holistic Christian worldview. You can be the judge as to how successful I am.

But keep in mind the words of Paul from Philippians 3:15 as you do, “All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you.”

No comments: